Choose a Real Estate Agent
Buying a property requires making many important financial decisions, understanding complex issues and completing a lot of paperwork. It helps to have an expert in your corner when undertaking such a large purchase. We can guide you through this process, and also provide you with access to property listings before they hit the general market.
Here are some factors to consider when choosing your real estate professional:
- Look for a full-time agent – one who has experience completing transactions similar to yours.
- Interview a few agents: Are they familiar with the area in which you are interested?
- Ask about their credentials and education: A good agent will continually strive to improve and gain knowledge of the latest real estate trends and hold the highest designations in their respective fields of expertise.
- Does the agent return your calls promptly? Time is money when attempting to buy a property.
- Ask for a list of properties they have sold or a list of references.
- Choose an agent who listens attentively to your needs and concerns. Pick an agent, with whom you feel comfortable.
- Decide if you want to work with an agent with broker credentials or if you’re comfortable with an agent with only a sales license.
- Always verify the agent’s experience with the Texas Real Estate commission by clicking on “print license history.” This will also show any disciplinary action records in the last ten years.