This is a really cool concept and Steiner Ranch is the only test market. Buy, Sell, Lend and Borrow from your Steiner Ranch neighbors. Here is some info from their site:
ShedStreet is a place where neighbors can lend, borrow, buy and sell items with each other. You can also find great local service providers and local deals in the community!
How it Works – The Headlines
- Become a Member in your neighborhood – It’s FREE
- Sell an item to your neighbors – It’s FREE
- Buy an item from your neighbors – It’s FREE
- Lend an item to your neighbors – Service charge applies*
- Borrow an item from your neighbors – You only pay the price listed by the lender
- Find a service – It’s FREE, just contact the provider with the information provided
- Provide a service – It’s FREE for non-businesses and business rates are incredibly low
- *The rental transaction takes place on ShedStreet through a secure credit card transaction. ShedStreet charges a percentage of the transaction. Please see details below.
The item exchange can take place at one of the Members’ homes or at the official ShedStreet Swap Spot, Cups and Cones.
Feel free to check out the site and browse what’s available, no membership is required to browse.
And now, for those who want the details…please visit the site here.