Main Content

Cause of the UT Golf Club Fire determined

From this linkand this link.

The fire that destroyed the University of Texas Golf Club clubhouse on Dec. 26 appears to have been accidental, said investigators with the Hudson Bend Fire Department.

“There was some roofing work going at the time the fire started, and the fire appears to have started in that area,” Hudson Bend Fire Marshal Bill Miller said in a written statement. “Once the fire started, the high winds contributed to spreading the flames rapidly.”

Wind gusts of up to 30 mph were reported near the clubhouse at the time.

The $8 million, 16,000-square-foot clubhouse at 2200 University Club Drive was nearly 70 percent complete when the fire started. It was scheduled to open in March. The university golf club practices at the golf course, which is in western Travis County near the Steiner Ranch neighborhood. The university doesn’t own the course.

Investigators are waiting on heavy equipment to arrive so they can move debris to finish their investigation, which might take another week, according to the Hudson Bend Fire Department.

And another tidbit about a wedding that will have to be rescheduled. 1000 people??? Is this an Indian Wedding?

Fire officials now say roofers accidentally caused the fire at the UT golf course clubhouse on Dec. 26. Wind gusts up to 30 miles per hour helped spread the flames. Several events were already scheduled for the luxury facility in Steiner Ranch. One was a wedding reception in March for 1,000 guests.

Elicia Michaud

Elicia Michaud

Broker AssociateCLHMS, CNE, SRS, ABR, CRS, e-Pro, PSA

GET IN TOUCH